CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 26, 2011

A little About Me, Rose

I was writing a little article about myself for a Mom's Club news letter, and I thought I would share it with you since I haven't written too much about myself.  First of all since I mentioned Moms Club I must recommend checking it out.  This national club is such a wonderful thing for moms.  Here is their statement taken from the web sight.


MOMS Offering Moms Support
We are a support group designed just for you, the at-home mother of today! You are interested in the world around you, want a variety of activities for you and your children, and are proud of your choice of at-home mothering for your families!


My name is Rose, I look like I am 18, but I am 27 almost 28 years old.  I have been married to Joe, my husband, for 8 years now. We have three kids together Evelyn who is 7, Robert 5, and Georgia who just turned 1. If you want to read more about how I met and married at such a young age just click on this link.  I can't forget my 2 pets, Jello, my black lab. (Yes, there is a story behind his name, and if you are curious to know how we picked Jello for such a big male dog, just ask me, it's kind of funny)  Then there is Sophi, a small Pomeranian.  I talked my hubby into letting me have her for my birthday last year, not the best choice I've ever made, but it is too late now the kids love her. 


I moved to Utah from Monroe Michigan. This was a decision made for the benefit of our family and for the career of my husband.   I am a licensed Cosmetologist in the state of Michigan but have not worked in the salon for a couple years now.  I also have a home business, I co-own an Etsy store (Sew Stylish Boutique) with my friend Heather. We make unique headbands and some sewn items for babies, such as bibs, burp cloths, booties, and car seat covers.  But I have to say my favorite thing to make are the headbands, they are the proud invention of mine.  Unlike anything else out there, it's true, it is a fun hobby.  


Let me think if there is any else to share... I love coffee, I'm a bad speller, I have terrible hand writing. After my kids are in bed at 8:30 pm on school nights  I collapse on the couch, usually with a glass of wine.  I cloth diaper, I do like it. and no I am not a hippie. Ha Ha.  My small house is always cluttered with toys.  I'm a southern girl at heart.  Some day I would love to live in Tennessee or South Carolina and acquire a southern drawl. I am still trying to figure out what 1/2 day Wednesday is about. (Here in Utah schools Wednesday is a 1/2 day)  Anybody know why?  Nobody told me about it when I first moved here, which was in the middle of the school year, I forgot to pick up Evelyn from school. I felt so silly.

 I was born in Pakistan, lived there for almost 7 years.  My dad is a pastor.  I have been labeled a "Pastors Kid" for my whole life, which growing up caused one of 2 reactions in people.  I either got placed on the "pastors kid" pedestal, by this I mean those people expected me to be a good Christian example, which is harder then you think and I tend to let those people down. Or the other reaction is people assume I am a religious fanatic, which sparks anger in those people and they tend to want to attack me in political and religious debate.  I'm neither of the two things.  I settle in the happy, middle and will leave it at that. 
I love my kids, they are my passion in life and I hope they will appreciate me for it when I am old.
That is about it so I'll go now before I start to ramble.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts