CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pizza Pockets


The pizza pockets are a favorite in my house.  I have experimented with this recipe till I found the right combination of ingredients, now I can share it with you. I hope your families enjoy them as much as ours: 

To make the dough you need:
2 cups water
7 cups of flour 
4 tsp. olive oil 
4 tsp. honey 
2 tsp. salt 
2 packs dry active yeast 


First add together all of the wet ingredients, then add the flour one cup at a time until the dough pulls a way from the sides of the bowl.  Kneed the dough 6 or seven times. Coat the dough with Pam and place in a large bowl cover withe plastic wrap.  Set in a warm spot for 1 hour, the dough should rise to double its size. Push down on the dough and on a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1 foot by 2 feet.  Cut the dough into 6 squares. 


For the filling you need:

3 cups mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup per pizza pocket) 

About 72 pepperoni (12 per pizza pocket)
Take your 1/2 cup cheese and 12 pepperoni place in the center of the square and wrap it up and pinch the ends together. (tip: wet the edges of the dough before you seal the edges closed.  Next, place the pizza pocket seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Once all you pizza pockets are done slather olive oil over each one.  Sprinkle some garlic powder, onion powder and basil over the top of the dough. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let them cool a little bit and enjoy. 










6 comments:

  1. These look so fun! Like a little calzone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look super yummy ladies! I have most of the ingredients already, I think I may try these for dinner one night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. I make pizza pockets out of my pizza dough recipes sometimes. My big problem is that they leak. I'll have to try it wetting the edges. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We usually have a Friday Pizza night! This is PERFECT! I'm pinning it right now..I am also following you now! I would love it if you would stop by and take a look around at my blog, and if you like what you see..become my newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! These look so good. They look so much better than hot pockets. ;) I'm sure the taste better too.

    ♥Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried these! :) http://robertsgrace.blogspot.com/2012/05/freezer-lunches.html
    Looks like I need more practice in the dough area, but I'm SO happy with how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! It makes are day happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts