CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home Made Granola

When I (Rose) was a kid my mom would make granola and I loved it!  Granola not only makes a good breakfast but a good snack to take and munch.  When I first got married I asked my mom for her recipe and she said what she always says when I ask for a recipe,  "I don't use a recipe just throw what looks right together and taste it."  None the less she came up with some measurements and wrote them down for me.  You can have fun with this recipe and add whatever you like in granola.


In a large bole combine:
3 cups of Whole Oats ( quick or old fashion)
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt

Add:
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
mix together all the ingredients

spread on a greased cookie sheet or pan,
bake in oven at 325, for 15 minuets then stir and bake again for a nether 15 minuets.
Granola will be golden brown and crunchy













2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Would love this for my daily yogurt. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, coconut. Looks delish! I love granola. I can never buy it in the store because I end up eating the box in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! It makes are day happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts