CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Burlap Wreath & Banner For Fall

I have been absent from the blog for awhile now, my mind hasn't been on the blog at all. I have been cleaning the house, doing laundry, working full time (now) going through all our clothes, decorating the house for Thanksgiving, planning Christmas gifts, and working hard for our FIRST Craft Fair, we both have! Yes we are so excited, kind of scared but just can't wait till November 19th is here. Well in all this I have made a banner for my mantel. But first I would like to show you the wreath I have made. Its a burlap wreath but in a diamond / square shape. I got the idea for the wreath from Just Sew Sassy, here is the link to her Rolled Burlap and Rosette Wreath.


I did make felt flowers to go all around it, But I am happy with how it looks on our door. Maybe next year I will add more. Then I made the bow with glitter ribbon. Let me tell you, I love glitter, but when I dropped the ribbon on the floor. I have never seen so much glitter fall off a little spool! It was crazy. There is glitter all through the house right now. It is unstoppable.... When Rose came over the other day and we were working on our headbands. We had glitter everywhere. Now that Christmas is on its way there is bound to be even more.


For my banner, I took 12x12 brown scrap book paper and cut it into to four pieces and then took 12x12 leaf scarp book paper and cut four circles out of each piece. Then I found polka dot letters on the internet and print them off and colored them with crayons. I then glued each layer together and hole punched two holes in each letter and strung brown yarn through. I wanted to add more to the banner but I am not sure what I want to do. So next year when I hang it up again, I will make the choice, By the way this is one of my favorite sayings.   ~Harvest Blessing~


Now for the one little bloom on my Christmas Cactus to open. It has been growing for the past week and I am so anxious to see it! If you want a flower around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I say go for this one. This one is so pretty and unique to me. I am thinking about getting a couple more to have. They are easy to keep too, I am the worst when it comes to a house plant. 


3 comments:

  1. Yay you got your wreath up! I love your glittery bow, wish I could make bows like that haha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that wreath. The color and the bow. Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! It makes are day happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts